I understand that this is an agreement between the Red Kangaroo Company Limited (Vietnam) and me – the TESOL course applicant. Red Kangaroo (Vietnam) is the parent company of the Australia-Vietnam School of English (AVSE).
The Australia-Vietnam School of English (AVSE) is fully registered by the Ministry of Education and Training in Vietnam to operate as an English Language Centre at 64/3 Quang Trung Street, Go Vap District, Ho Chi Minh City. The contact details for the Ministry of Education & Training in Vietnam are as follows:
Ministry of Education and Training
49 Dai Co Viet Street
Telephone: +84 4 8692393
This service agreement is subject to the laws of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
- I understand that I must be at least 18 years of age on the start date of my chosen TESOL course at Red Kangaroo (Vietnam).
- I have fully disclosed any past, pending or potential criminal proceedings.
- I have disclosed all health issues that will require treatment while I’m completing the TESOL training course in Vietnam.
- I understand that the Red Kangaroo Company ensures that students with disabilities can access and participate in the TESOL training course in Ho Chi Minh City on the same basis as those students without a disability. Moreover, I can confirm that I’m aware that students with a disability have the opportunity to discuss their personal circumstances with Red Kangaroo’s Disability Services Officer, prior to enrolling in the TESOL course and at any time during the course.
- I acknowledge that I have read, fully comprehend and agree to the entry requirements for my chosen course and that I may be asked to present supporting documentary evidence.
- I’m aware that knowingly submitting false information may be judged as grounds for: 1. immediate withdrawal of any offer of a place I received from Red Kangaroo; 2. ineligibility for a future course; and 3. dismissal from a course that I’ve commenced.
- I can confirm the personal information I have provided on the Red Kangaroo course application form is true and accurate and does not misrepresent me in any way.
- Once I have started the course in Ho Chi Minh City, if I am forced to terminate the course for reasons relating to an undeclared criminal or medical issue, or falsifying qualifications, I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause.
Emergency contact information
- On the first day of the TESOL course, I will give Red Kangaroo the name and contact details of a person who is authorised to advise Red Kangaroo what to do for me in the event of an emergency or situation where I cannot act on my own behalf.
- If it is necessary for Red Kangaroo to contact the person I’ve identified as being my ‘emergency contact person’, I authorise Red Kangaroo to freely discuss my personal circumstances.
- I understand that if the contact details I give are false or inaccurate, Red Kangaroo will be limited in its ability to assist me should an emergency situation arise.
- I understand that if my TESOL application is accepted, I will receive an email offering me a place on a TESOL course, starting on a specific date at a specific location.
- I understand that being offered a place on a course, does not guarantee a place.
- My place on a particular TESOL course will be guaranteed once I have paid Red Kangaroo a non-refundable deposit of AUD $550.00. This guarantee will be provided in writing by Red Kangaroo.
- I understand that the deposit needs to be paid within 7 days of an offer being made. Moreover, I understand if a deposit isn’t paid within 7 days, the offer that was made lapses and I’ll need to submit a new enrolment application.
- I understand that the TESOL course fee (total fee, less deposit of $AUD $550.00) must be paid on the first day I attend class.
- If I fail to pay the TESOL course fee – in full – on the first day I attend class, I understand that Red Kangaroo reserves the right to move me to the next available course.
- I agree to attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled classes and any other course related meetings.
- I understand the importance of being present at the designated course start time.
- I acknowledge that habitual lateness or being absent without good cause are grounds for dismissal from the TESOL course. If I am dismissed from the course due to either (or both) of these events, I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement.
- If I am absent, and depending on the cause of absence, it may be possible to make up the work I have missed at the discretion of the coordinator of the TESOL course.
- I understand that I must successfully complete all course components and assessment tasks to be eligible to pass the course. In the event I do not pass the TESOL course, I understand it may be possible to retake components of the course.
- During the course I will behave in a courteous and professional manner to all people directly or indirectly associated with the course. Unprofessional, disruptive or offensive behavior are grounds for immediate dismissal and should this happen I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement
- In the event I have a complaint of any kind, I understand I should initially raise my concern with the Coordinator of the TESOL course who will make every effort to address the matter that troubles me – expeditiously and with a genuine desire to resolve the matter. If I remain dissatisfied, I have the right to raise my concern with the Director of Studies at the Australia-Vietnam School of English (AVSE) in Ho Chi Minh City. If I still remain dissatisfied, the Director of Studies at the Australia-Vietnam School of English (AVSE) has an obligation to put me in contact with the Principal of the Australian International College of Language in Queensland, Australia.
- Should you wish to take a complaint beyond the Australia-Vietnam School of English (AVSE) and AICOL, the following organisations can provide advice:
|Ministry of Education and Training
49 Dai Co Viet Street
Telephone: +84 4 8692393
|Ministry of Justice
58 – 60 Tran Phu Street
Telephone: +84 4 62739718
|Vietnamese Standards & Consumers Association
2/B7 Ton That Tung Street
Hanoi, Viet Nam
Telephone: +84 4 8520981
- I understand that it is my right to ask for copies of all documents and other recorded information held by Red Kangaroo pertaining to me personally. I’m not permitted to receive documents and recorded information related to other parties.
- I acknowledge that Red Kangaroo is not responsible for my health, safety, welfare or loss, theft or damage to my personal property.
- Red Kangaroo is not liable for my personal safety – or any information provided to me regarding my personal safety.
Health & medical insurance
- I will take out at my own expense health and/or travel insurance that will provide all coverage required in the event of illness, accident, or death.
- I also agree to purchase supplementary insurance on my own, as may be necessary in order to secure my entry, extended stay, and general well-being or as may be required under Vietnamese law.
- Red Kangaroo (Vietnam) is not responsible for: any aspect of my health, injury or death at any time prior to, during, or after completion of the course.
- I acknowledge that I am entirely responsible for arranging my own travel and that Red Kangaroo is not responsible for any aspect of the travel arrangements I make.
- Should I choose to use a travel service recommended to me by Red Kangaroo , I will not hold Red Kangaroo responsible for any misfortune whatsoever, as a consequence of using the service.
- I am responsible for obtaining an appropriate visa, where required, prior to entering Vietnam or while in Vietnam.
- I understand that Red Kangaroo cannot be held liable for my inability to secure a Vietnamese visa.
- Should I fail to attend the course because of visa problems or the lack of any other required documentation for entry Vietnam, any monies I have already given to Red Kangaroo will be subject to the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement.
Job placement assistance
- I understand that Red Kangaroo provides job guidance and hands-on assistance to all successful graduates of the TESOL course in Ho Chi Minh City. Red Kangaroo will provide me with advice, interview training and facilitate interviews (maximum of 5) with institutions actively seeking to employ English language teachers.
- When attending job interviews, I agree to present myself in a professional and courteous manner.
- I understand that Red Kangaroo reserves the right to refuse job placement assistance for students whose performance in the TESOL course is considered unsatisfactory.
- I understand that if I’m offered a teaching position by a reputable school that pays market rates, but I choose not to take the position regardless of the reason, Red Kangaroo reserves the right to cease providing employment assistance.
- Any employment assistance provided by Red Kangaroo does not prevent me from searching for employment by myself.
- I fully understand that my success in obtaining work through the Red Kangaroo job placement program may be limited if I am under 21 years of age, do not have a university degree or where English is my second language.
Cancellation and refunds
- I understand that Red Kangaroo will accept an initial deposit of no more than AUD $550.00. This initial deposit is non-refundable, but it is transferable to a course at a future date or to another person.
- Once I’ve commenced the course, I understand that no refund is payable. In the interests of fairness and equity, however, Red Kangaroo will provide refunds for uncompleted components of the course in extenuating circumstances.
- If I cancel and reschedule to a later course and the fee is increased in the intervening period, I understand that I’ll need to pay the higher course fee.
- I understand that Red Kangaroo has the right to make commercial decisions from time-to-time regarding advertised course fees, but at no time will any student pay more than the advertised course fee.
- I acknowledge that all correspondence shall be conducted via email. I understand that if I want to change any arrangement I have with Red Kangaroo I must do so via email. Should my email address or other contact information change, I will notify Red Kangaroo immediately.
Training program information
- I understand that the information contained in Red Kangaroo literature including the Red Kangaroo web site, emails and printed material is believed to be accurate. However, I understand that it may be subject to errors, changes, omissions, availability of courses, or withdrawal of special offers without notice. It is my responsibility to contact Red Kangaroo for periodic updates.
- At the half-way mark of each TESOL course and again at the end of the course, I will be asked to complete a Satisfaction Survey form. I can choose not to complete the form. In the event I choose to complete the form, I allow Red Kangaroo (Vietnam) to use the information in any form of advertising or media.
Accommodation acceptance conditions
- If I’m unsatisfied with accommodation arranged by Red Kangaroo, I understand that I am not entitled to a refund and I agree to meet all costs associated with obtaining alternative accommodation.
- Red Kangaroo is not liable for any loss, damage, or injury to persons or property that may occur at any accommodation arranged through Red Kangaroo or otherwise arranged.
Acceptance of service agreement
- By submitting an enrolment application to undertake the Red Kangaroo – AICOL TESOL course in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to be bound by the content of this Service Agreement.
- If you need to clarify any point contained in this Service Agreement, feel free to contact Peter Goudge, Managing Director of the Red Kangaroo Company Limited (Vietnam) trading as the Australia-Vietnam School of English (AVSE): email@example.com.