Teaching jobs abroad provide stable, ongoing employment, pay a decent salary and deliver an excellent lifestyle. As quality TESOL certification is the key, you’ve come to the right place.
The TESOL programme at each of AVSE’s three premier locations – Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh – comes with ‘hands-on’ job help immediately after you’ve completed the course related requirements. With the in-class TESOL programme, this typically occurs in week 4. Students who are enrolled in our online TESOL programme can access ‘hands-on’ job help as an optional extra (fee involved).
Job opportunities teaching English in Vietnam or Cambodia outstrip the number of suitably qualified people many times over. There is every reason to believe that you’ll be in a paid job within days of completing the TESOL course with us. It’s possible to make a western level salary by teaching English in Vietnam or Cambodia where the cost of living is substantially less than in western countries. Certainly, that’s our experience over the past 10+ years. Putting money to one side, teaching English abroad offers an ‘expat lifestyle’ that most people can only dream about. Moreover, for those people with a kind heart or a fully-fledged egalitarian streak, teaching abroad constitutes tangible action directed at improving the lives of others and making our world a better place.
- Every application for the TESOL programme at AVSE-TESOL is thoroughly vetted;
- We offer a quality product that comes with ‘top shelf’ accreditation and international recognition;
- We have an established network of partner schools and language centres built up over many years working in the TESOL sector;
- Trainees are made aware before they join our programme that they have obligations that must be fulfilled – successfully completing the necessary assessment tasks and conducting themselves in a professional manner are just two of these obligations;
- AVSE-TESOL has specialist staff based at each of our training locations who work with our TESOL graduates, side-by-side, to land that all-important first teaching job;
- All TESOL trainers and tutors at AVSE-TESOL are qualified, professional educators, who hold specialist Vocational Training qualifications mandated by the Australian Government. It is not enough to be a qualified teacher, to work as a teacher-trainer; and
- Every TESOL trainer employed by AVSE-TESOL has worked as an ESL teacher in both Vietnam and Cambodia at one time or another during their career. They’ve been ‘on the other side of the desk’ and are therefore well-placed to guide people who are new to the profession.
What does ‘hands-on’ job support at AVSE-TESOL look like? Among other things, the team at AVSE-TESOL will move mountains to ensure that you: 1. know a thing or two about teaching and learning, allowing you to ‘talk the talk and walk the walk’ when engaging with potential employers; 2. possess a sharp, professional Curriculum Vitae that’s responsive to market conditions, for teaching jobs in Vietnam, Cambodia or elsewhere; 3. are introduced to reputable schools and language centres in our existing network that have teaching jobs available; and 4. feel fully supported throughout the transition to employment phase, post TESOL course. We have made a concerted and genuine effort in our publicly displayed Service Agreement to spell-out in plain-English what ‘hands-on’ job help means.
With Australian Government accredited TESOL certification from AVSE-TESOL, that long-held dream to teach English abroad and lead an expat lifestyle will be a reality.
Typically, English teaching jobs in Vietnam and Cambodia allow our TESOL graduates to take home (net) somewhere between US $1,000.00 and US $2,000.00 per month, depending on where the teacher works, how many hours they work and the availability of non-income benefits such as accommodation, transport and free utilities. Most employers quote and pay a net salary and then deal with the local Taxation Department on the teacher’s behalf. With the cost of living in Vietnam and Cambodia being a fraction of what it is in most developed countries, English language teachers in this part of the world can realistically expect to save at least half of their income without cutting corners.
At the end of the day, ‘the proof is in the pudding’. AVSE-TESOL can point to more than 5000 people who have successfully completed our TESOL training course and embarked on a rewarding teaching jobs in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Phnom Penh and in other cities around the world. The vast majority of these folks landed their first job with support from AVSE-TESOL and they’re pleased to share their personal experiences in the event you’d like to know more.