Vietnam TEFL Internships
AVSE's Vietnam TEFL Internships Programme provides an unmatched experience teaching English in Vietnam for two months, while immersing yourself in a rural school community.
How it works:
Complete the enrolment form below (3 minutes max) and then click ‘Send’.
Do the theory part of your TEFL programme before you travel to Vietnam.
Days 1 to 9, do the practical part of your TEFL programme in Ho Chi Minh City.
Days 10 to 52, complete your Vietnam TEFL Internship in a rural school community.
You’re in safe hands:
Unmatched value – and cultural immersion
Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime at an affordable price? Have visa restrictions frustrated your dream to teach and travel in Vietnam? If your answer was ‘yes’ – and ‘yes’ – you’ll love this good news story.
AVSE-TESOL’s new, two-month Vietnam TEFL Internships programme is a ‘game-changing’ initiative. It allows many folks who have been excluded from a teach and travel adventure in Southeast Asia by high fees and visa restrictions, to live the dream.
At US $1,150.00 for 9 nights’ accommodation in Ho Chi Minh City, 42 nights accommodation in the Mekong Delta region (51 nights accommodation in total), government-regulated TEFL Certification, pre- and post-programme support, cultural immersion in a local school community, teaching actual ESL classes for seven weeks, pocket money to cover basic living costs – and a lot more – you will not find a better opportunity to teach English abroad for a short period.
Degree or no degree, native English speaker, or non-native English speaker, AVSE-TESOL’s two-month Vietnam TEFL Internships programme is open to all comers. Interns will acquire ESL teaching knowledge, skills, government-regulated TEFL Certification and an exceptional work and cultural experience in a developing country. The TEFL Internship programme at AVSE-TESOL in Vietnam is perfect for adventurous people who are adaptable, keen to learn new things – and contribute to making the world a better place.
You might see the Vietnam TEFL Internships programme at AVSE-TESOL as a ‘foot in the door’ to ESL teaching and learning or as an educative and immersive experience in an exotic country. It’s ultimately your call.
Before arriving in Vietnam for the two-month practical component of the TEFL internship programme, participants will complete a number of ESL teaching modules online. This online work comes with hands-on support from one of our highly-qualified TESOL Trainers. AVSE will be by your side every step of the way – guaranteed.
How does it work?
The first 9 days of your Vietnam TEFL Internship Programme will be at AVSE in Go Vap District, Ho Chi Minh City. The emphasis will be on acclimatising, making new friends, cultural immersion, completing the practical part of your TEFL course – and checking out what Ho Chi Minh City has to offer. You will move to your internship placement in the Mekong Delta region (south of Vietnam) on day 10 of your programme and work as an ESL teacher – real school, real students – for 6 weeks. Importantly, at all times, the friendly staff at AVSE in Ho Chi Minh City will only be a phone call or an email away.
Here’s a snapshot of the inclusions with AVSE’s Vietnam TEFL Internship Programme:
- government-regulated TEFL certifcation
- pre-programme support – visa, insurance and documentation advice
- single room accommodation (own bathroom) in Ho Chi Minh City x 9 nights
- a welcome dinner & drinks on the first day of your programme
- 5 hour cultural immersion workshop
- 14 hour teaching practicum in Ho Chi Minh City (real students – real classes)
- ‘hands-on’ support during the teaching practicum in Ho Chi Minh City
- internship placement at a partner school for 6 weeks
- accommodation for 42 nights near your internship school
- pocket money of US $50.00 x 6 weeks = US $300.00 (paid in Vietnam Dong)
- an ‘in class’ teaching schedule of no more than 25 hours a week
- a one-off payment of US $50.00 (paid in Vietnam dong) towards travel costs
- post-programme support
At the end of your internship you’ll have:
- government-regulated TEFL certification (a life-long, professional teaching qualification)
- knowledge and skills to continue your English-teaching journey
- $350 from your employer (US $300 + US $50.00)
- memories that you’ll carry with you for eternity
- a bunch of new friends from the four-corners of the world
- an understanding of the Vietnamese culture and history
Interns must be between 21 and 55 years of age. Non-native English speakers are required to have English proficiency skills at IELTS 6.5 level or equivalent. New Vietnam TEFL Internships start monthly, and places are limited. Check out the 2023 start dates below in the ‘calendar’ section of the application form.
Go Vap District (Ward 14)
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam